The Fort Wayne Children’s Choir (FWCC) seeks a Development Director to contribute to the vision of the organization. The FWCC is searching for a highly organized, talented, energetic individual committed to supporting the mission of the organization.
The Fort Wayne Children’s Choir has been a vibrant part of the Northeast Indiana community for 45 years and strives to provide a choral program exemplifying artistic and educational excellence for children from diverse backgrounds.
The successful candidate must be a strong leader who is an outstanding communicator and demonstrates strong motivation and organizational skills and exhibits passion for working with children. She/he will invest time both in and out of the office and be visible in the community.
Responsible for creating and overseeing the implementation of strategic approach to fundraising, including donor cultivation, major gifts, corporate sponsorships, and event coordination. Hours are flexible. The Development Director will work 24 hours per week, with the understanding that the position has the potential to grow with the successful candidate. Meeting times with donors, concert performances, and Board and Committee work may occur outside of regular business hours.
- Oversee the fund development plan while promoting the artistic and educational goals and guidelines set forth by the Executive Artistic Director and the Board of Directors
- Support the Board of Directors by preparing board materials as directed and participate in board meetings as needed
- Work closely with Development Committee to achieve fundraising goals
- Develop Alumni Relations Program
- Oversee the planning and execution of special fundraising events as specified in the fund development plan to generate funds for the organization
- May be asked to participate in organizational strategic planning
- Other duties as assigned
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and negotiated number of hours
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, networking, administrative, and collaboration skills
- Willingness to work as a member of a team
- Knowledge of the Greater Fort Wayne community
- Experience in multiple software platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience in the non-profit sector (preferred)
Deadline for all application materials is July 20, 2018.
Candidates must submit the following materials electronically in PDF format:
- Cover letter
- Three references
Email to: Jonathan Busarow, Executive Artistic Director, email@example.com
Please state Development Director Search in subject line of the email.
Questions may be directed to Jonathan Busarow, Executive Artistic Director, at 260.481.0481 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.